Vitamin C is known as L-ascorbic acid and ascorbate. Vitamin C our body is unable to produce only so to him we continuously provide the appropriate dietary choices. Improve the absorption of iron in the gastrointestinal tract, protection against free radicals in the body, reducing the oxidative damage to DNA, and reduce the oxidation of LDL cholesterol are just some of the many functions of vitamin C, which indicates its important role in the body. Vitamin C also acts as an antioxidant, alone and in combination with vitamin E, and thus our body protects against free radicals. It is also important for the synthesis of collagen and thus for all of our soft tkiva- gums, blood vessels, skin and bones. It is necessary for the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system.
The European Food Safety Authority, EFSA, for use in foods that are a good source of vitamin C, approved the following health claim:
- Has a role in collagen formation for the normal functioning of bones, cartilage, gums, skin, teeth, immune system during intense physical activity and after it, and veins
- contributing to: normal energy-yielding metabolism and functioning of the nervous system, and to normal psychological function
- has a role in protecting cells against oxidative stress
- contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- contribute to the restoration of the reduced form of vitamin E
- increases the absorption of iron
Ingredients: Indian gooseberry extract, vitamin C Instructions for use: 1 tablet twice daily at breakfast and lunch.